CANI Career Academy
The Career Academy is a four-week, 60-hour training program providing job-readiness training, and pre- and post-placement services including job placement, education, skills and interest assessments, and personal and professional development.
The four weeks of the Career Academy focus on:
- How to earn trust through time and effort
- Identifying skills and abilities
- How to make a good first impression
- How to set goals and make them SMART (Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, Time-managed)
- Improving job searching strategies & tips for breaking into the hidden job market
- Tips for filling out employment applications
- How to sell oneself and appropriately discuss a criminal background
- Building a resume, cover letter, and reference sheet
- Mock interviewing with professionals from the community
- Career and personality assessments and creation of a Career Action Plan
- Financial literacy training to improve skills in budgeting and money management
- Meeting local banking institutions and college admissions representatives
- A hands-on simulated work project
The next CANI Career Academy will begin on Monday, March 2, 2015 at Impact Institute, 1607 E. Dowling St., Kendallville, IN. Classes will be held Monday - Friday from 1:00pm – 3:45pm for four weeks. All participants must attend a 90 minute orientation prior to the class start date. Orientations will be held Tuesday, February 24 and Thursday, February 26 at 10am at Impact Institute.
If you have any questions about the CANI Career Academy, please call 260-423-3546 ext. 262.
Upon successful completion of the Career Academy, graduates will have the opportunity to enroll in Opportunity Staffing, Blue Jacket's in-house staffing agency.